Wednesday, December 28, 2005

 

What means this, "Woman from Mars"?

It's an awkward moment: I have to decide if I'm writing this blog just for myself, as a kind of electronic diary, or if I make the leap and figure someone who doesn't know me will read it and be in need of some background information.

But if this is nothing more than an electronic diary, why am I even putting it on the web? I could just as easily keep a journal in Word. I may invite some other folks to read this some day, and there's always a chance someone might stumble onto it.

So...allow me to introduce myself.

I am a woman from Mars...referring, of course, to the Mars/Venus stereotype. I tend to communicate more like what is typically in a "male" style and often have a hard time relating to other women. (Interestingly enough, my husband shows a lot of Venus tendencies himself -- maybe that's why we've been together for 25 years and happily married for 16).

This realization struck me a few months ago when I realized I have very few close female friends, and those who I do feel close to all live in other parts of the country. We communicate primarily, even exclusively, through e-mail. The more I thought about it, the more I realized how little I have in common with what is stereotypically "female":

Well, that's a little bit about me. More to come in future posts.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?