Friday, December 30, 2005

 

Good Riddance, 2005

So how many other bloggers are writing something with a similar theme today? I suspect the majority of us are blogging because of some sort of unresolved angst, whatever the cause. And that angst makes me anxious to move on to the new year.

At the stroke of midnight, I am closing the door on the Year of the Infertility Treatment. Appropriate, because I got myself into all this thanks to my 2005 resolution to figure out if we were just wasting our time trying to get/stay pregnant. I never really intended to get on the emotional roller coaster that is fertility treatments, but I did and now I'm facing the consequences, the emotional fallout, of being unsuccessful. I'm 44 now...it's ridiculous to think of continuing. What I've learned from this is that I should have stuck to the conviction I had all those years that childfree was the right thing for me. It was the act of changing my mind that took me into this minefield of regrets.

No, it's NOT better to have loved and lost...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?