Tuesday, December 27, 2005

 

Double 4's

A week ago today I turned 44. Getting older never used to bother me, but now I feel so firmly entrenched in middle age. There's just something about that double number 4-4. And no longer being in my "early 40s" but now very in my "middle 40s".

Who am I kidding, every part of this mid-life crisis has to do with age-realted infertility. If I could turn back the clock and live just one thing differently, that's what it would be. Back in the days when I felt I didn't want a child and thought I never would, I never worried about getting older. To the contrary, I was proud of turning 40. Now I feel like something important in life has passed me by, and I can feel the passage of time starting to speed up. It only gets worse from here. At least that's what the old folks tell me.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?